Aussie Roast Lamb
Prepare: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 400 g Pumpkin, cut into 8 pieces steamed until just tender
- 600 g Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters and steamed until just tender
- 2 large Brown Onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tbspn Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 tbspn Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 tspn Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tbspn Rosemary Leaves, plus 2 extra tspns for gravy
- 2 tspn Vegemite, plus 1 extra tspn for gravy
- 2 tbspn Brown Sugar
- 3 tspn Honey
- 1/2 tspn Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbspn Cornflour
- 1 cup All Natural Real Stock, Vegetable
- 4 Racks of Lamb, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C for fan-forced ovens). Place a sheet of Baking paper in the base of the roasting tray.
- Combine 2 teaspoons vegemite with 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon rosemary. Spread over surface of lamb racks. Place in roasting trays.
- Toss potatoes and pumpkin with 2 tablespoons oil and lemon pepper. Place pumpkin and potato pieces in roasting tray beside lamb. Place in baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small saucepan. Add onions and stir until translucent. Transfer to small ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove lamb from baking tray and set aside to rest. Return vegetables to oven until golden and crisp.
- To prepare gravy - in a small saucepan, heat stock, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons rosemary, 1 teaspoon vegemite, cracked pepper and salt. Combine cornflour with 1 tablespoon stock. Stir into saucepan and continue stirring until boiling and thickened. Stir in meat juices from roasting tray.
- Serve lamb racks with potatoes, pumpkin, beans and onions. Pour over sauce.