BBQ Beef Baguettes
Prepare: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pkt Two Stick Baguette Half
- 100g roasted red capsicum, from the deli and cut into thin strips
- 1 small cos lettuce
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Dijonnaise
- 2 tspn Crushed Ginger
- 2 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 L Ice Tea, Mango Flavour
- 500 g Beef Rump Steak, fat trimmed
- Combine oil and ginger in a shallow dish, add beef and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes (or overnight).
- Heat barbecue grill or flatplate to medium-high. Barbecue beef for 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked to your liking. Rest beef for 2-3 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel thin strips lengthways from the cucumber to form long ribbons. Cut each baguette stick in half. Slice each baguette piece in half lengthways ¾ of the way through and split open.
- Fill each baguette with lettuce leaves, cucumber ribbons, sliced beef and capsicum strips. Drizzle dijonnaise over each baguette. Serve with chilled ice tea.