Chilli Mince Pie
Prepare: 15 mins
Cook: 42 mins
- 40 g Butter, 4 Portions
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 750 g Potato, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tspn Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 tblspn Canola Oil
- 425 g can Chilli Classic, Chilli With Beans
- 400 g Pasta Partners, Red Wine & Basil
- 600 g Beef Mince
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan forced ovens). Lightly grease an 8 cup capacity casserole dish.
- Bring potatoes to the boil in a large saucepan of water over medium to high heat. Reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add beef mince. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until well browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in chilli classic and red wine basil sauce. Cook for 12 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Drain potatoes. Add butter. Mash potatoes until smooth, with a potato masher, fork or hand blender..
- Spoon mince into prepared baking dish. Spread potato smoothly over mince. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts and is golden. Serve with salad and bread.