Dad’s Favourite Roast
Prepare: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 bunch Dutch Carrots, trimmed
- 6 roasting potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 3/4 cup Smooth Apple Sauce
- 425 g can Asparagus Spears, drained and heated
- 2 tbspn Pure Olive Oil
- 2 tspn sea salt
- 1 1.4kg Pork Loin Roast
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced. Rub 1 tbspn oil and salt into pork skin and place in large roasting pan. Roast 20 mins.
- Boil potatoes 10 mins, until just tender. Drain.
- Toss potatoes, garlic and carrots with remaining oil and place around pork. Reduce heat to 180°C and roast further 25 mins per 500g of pork. Remove from oven 10 mins before end of cooking time and spread marmalade over skin. Return to oven.
- Check pork is cooked by inserting skewer into meat. Juices should run clear. If not, cook a further 10 mins. Remove pork, rest, covered in foil 10 mins. Serve pork with roasted vegetables, asparagus and apple sauce.