Baked Chicken Parmigana
Prepare: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 large Carrots, cut into thick sticks
- 250 g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Zucchini, cut into thick sticks
- Baby Potatoes, to serve
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 425 g Crushed Tomatoes, Basil and Oregano
- 125 g Cheddar Cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup Corn Flake Crumbs
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tblspn Vegetable Oil
- 1 tspn Minced Garlic
- 1 pkt French Onion Soup Mix
- 1 pkt Honey Glazed Sesame Carrots
- 4 Chicken Breast Fillets
- Preheat oven to 180oC fan-forced. Cut a lengthways slit along the side of each chicken fillet and fill each with 2 slices cheddar. Coat chicken in flour, egg and corn flake crumbs. Place on a lined tray and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in soup mix, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes
- Place carrots, honey glaze and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 5 minutes. Add zucchini, cover, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on serving plates. Spoon over tomato sauce and serve with vegetables and potatoes.