Beef Mushroom Casserole
Prepare: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 2 tbspn fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 150 g Button Mushrooms
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot from Carrots, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tbspn Pure Olive Oil
- 710 g jar Sugo di Pomodoro, Classic Tomato
- 600 g Beef Stroganoff, cut into strips
- Mashed potato and steamed green beans, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat, add beef and cook for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low, add mushrooms, celery and carrot and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring, until just starting to soften.
- Stir in sugo, wine and bay leaf. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Return beef to pan and heat through.
- Stir in parsley and serve with mash and green beans.