Cashew Masala Chicken
Prepare: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 100 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 540 g jar Cashew Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1/4 cup Raw Cashews, roughly chopped
- COLES* Basmati Rice, for serving
- 400 g can Chick Peas, drained
- 2 tspn Pure Olive Oil
- 1/4 tspn Garam Masala
- 4 x 150g Chicken Breast Fillets
- Cook cashews in large non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, until lightly roasted. Shake pan occasionally. Remove and cool. Combine cheese, nuts, garam masala and peas.
- Cut a deep pocket into the middle of each chicken breast with a small sharp knife, being careful not to cut all the way through. Press ricotta filling evenly into each pocket and secure with skewers.
- Heat oil in same pan over medium heat and cook chicken for 8 minutes, until browned all over. Add simmer sauce, chick peas, capsicum and ¼ cup water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Rest chicken for 5 minutes. Remove skewers and slice chicken. Serve with rice.