Dad’s Roast Pork
Prepare: 10 mins
Cook: 60 mins
- 2 tspn Salt
- 600 g Potatoes, small peeled halved
- 200 g Green Beans
- 400 g Pumpkin, cut into medium chunks
- 1 cup Gravy Mix, prepared as per directions on packet. (optional)
- 2 tbspn Pure Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Smooth Apple Sauce
- 800 g Pork Roast
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced. Rub 1 tbsp oil and salt into pork skin and place on roasting rack in baking tray. Roast 20 mins.
- Place potatoes and pumpkin in a large bowl, add remaining oil and toss to coat. Reduce oven to 180°C. Add potatoes and pumpkin to roasting rack and roast for further 25 mins per 500g of pork.
- Check that pork is cooked by inserting a skewer into meat. Juices should run clear. If pink to red in colour, cook for further 10 mins. Remove pork and rest, covered, 10 mins. Cook vegetables for further 10 mins (or to a total of 40 mins), until crisp. Boil, steam or microwave beans until just tender.
- Serve pork with roasted vegetables, beans, apple sauce and gravy.